Inside: Looking for ideas for your preschool March themes? This resource is filled with activities and free printables to help you plan the entire month. Can be adapted for toddlers, too!
It’s time to plan your preschool March themes, but you are wondering which would work best with your children.
You don’t have time to waste searching through the thousands of pins on Pinterest.
Time is precious. I get that.
So I’ve put together this big collection of hands-on activities that are perfect for March and can be done in the home or classroom.
Don’t let the title “preschool” fool you. Many of these activities can easily be adapted for toddlers.
Get out your planners and fill them with some of these awesome ideas!
Ideas for Preschool March Themes
What we will be doing for March 2021:
Week 1: Rainbows
Week 2: Rainbows/St. Patrick’s Day
Week 3: St. Patrick’s Day
Week 4: No School – Spring Break
Week 5: Easter
I will be sharing the details of each week in my free newsletters. Click here to sign up!
Teaching online this year? Check out these resources:
Scroll down to find out what others are doing during the month of March! I’ve provided links to even more ideas!
Classroom Set Ups
You can view my previous classroom theme set up posts and videos here:
St. Patrick’s Day
- Count the Coins Math Circle Time Activity
- Spring Circle Time Activities (Play to Learn Preschool)
- Shamrock Circle Time Props
- Numbered Shamrock Props
- Shamrock Printable Template
- Rainbow Fine Motor Craft
- Rainbow Suncatchers
- Rainbow Collage
- Rainbow Mobile
- Rainbow Process Art with Bubble Wrap
- Rainbow Sorting Activity (that can Hang)
- Rainbow Easel Page
- Driving Cars through a Rainbow
- Spin Art Rainbows
- Watercolor Shamrocks
- Cherry Blossom Art
- 13 Spring Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fun Toddler Easter Art with Plastic Eggs
- Watercolor Easter Bags
- Easy Toddler Easter Bags with Free Printable Labels
- Making the Color Green in a Baggie
- Shamrock Color Matching Activity
- Easter Bunny Color Matching Puzzle
- Teaching Colors with Plastic Eggs
- Color Sorting Rainbow Sensory Bin
- Find the Gold Coins St. Patrick’s Day Sensory Activity
- Spring Toddler Water Table
- Weather Sensory Bin
- Spring Sensory Bins for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Music & Movement
Check out our St. Patrick’s Day and rainbows music playlist:
- Rainbow Name Recognition Bottles
- 12 “Learning My Name” Activities
- 15 Picture Book Activities that Preschoolers Love
- Shamrock Alphabet Activity (Free Printable)
- 10 Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Count the Coins St. Patrick’s Day Toddler Activity
- Numbered Shamrocks
- Shamrock Counting Cards
- Spring 1-10 Counting Mats
- 9 Awesome Hands-On Preschool Rainbow Activities
- 40+ Rainbow Activities for Toddlers
- 30+ Rainbow Activities Kids Love
- 15+ Super Fun Toddler Spring Activities
- 10+ Easter Ideas Using Eggs
- 15 Toddler Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
- Fun Easter Ideas for the Classroom
Books we will be reading in 2021:
March Themed Activities for Kids (Living Montessori Now)
More Theme Ideas for March
Here are what other teachers from our Facebook Group are doing in March:
Looking for more theme ideas? Click here!
Lesson Plans that are Ready to Go
Trying to put everything together but feeling overwhelmed? I’m so excited to share toddler and preschool lesson plans that I helped create, along with other talented teachers and homeschoolers!
Toddler Lesson Plans
Each of these lesson plan packets contain 20 hands-on activities for 16-36 months old:
These lesson plans were created for preschoolers ages 3-5. Click on the photos for links: