Whether you are a brand spanking new teacher, or one that has had years in the classroom, you have questions. You are looking for tried and true methods. You want your school year to be as simple and organized as possible. You do not want to be overwhelmed.
After all, you have a life outside of school, too. You don’t want to be spending it dealing with work-related stuff.
Here’s Your Preschool Teacher Survival Guide
You’ve been given four walls that will be your classroom. You know you need to stock it with child-sized furniture, educational toys, and art supplies. But how do you set it up?
And what if you can’t afford all that stuff?
And then there is behavior management and trying to figure out how to keep little Johnny at circle time instead of wandering away….
Take a deep breath.
The links in this survival guide are essential for new and experienced teachers. Some of the links are mine, and some are from others. And if, after reading this guide, there is something I have not covered, send me a message. I will do my best to help!
NEW update! Teachers, if your school is closed and you are teaching online, check this page with all of the resources I’ve used: Connecting with Students During School Closures.
Setting Up the Preschool Classroom
- How to Set up a Preschool Classroom
- Setting Up the Toddler Classroom for the First Day of School
- Easy Ways to Decorate a Classroom with the Children’s Work
- Organizing Preschool Classroom Supplies
- Getting Ready for the First Day of School
- How to Set Up Preschool Learning Centers
- Setting Up Learning Centers in the Toddler and Preschool Classroom
- Classroom DIY Ideas
- Finding Classroom Supplies at Thrift Stores (Free Printable List)
- How to Make a Simple Classroom Tree
Planning Your Year
- Choosing Your Themes
- Using our Toddler and Preschool Lesson Plans
- How to Plan and Organize Your Classroom Themes
- How to Have a Classroom Helper
- Sharing Time in Preschool
- Celebrating Birthdays in the Preschool Classroom
Planning Your Day
Communicating with Parents
- Separation Anxiety Tips
- How to Provide Age-Appropriate Instructions
- The Secrets to Handling Transitions
- Dealing with Big Emotions in the Classroom
- Creating a Kindness Classroom
- Building Communication Skills with Preschoolers
- Promoting Diversity in the Preschool Classroom
- Creating a Preschool Circle Time
- My Secret to a Successful Circle Time
- Brilliant Circle Time Strategies When Kids Can’t Sit Still
- Winter Activities for Preschool Circle Time
- Preschool Morning Meeting Ideas
- Back-to-School Activities
- Favorite Preschool Fingerplays
- Best Books for Kids to Sing With
- Favorite Picture Books for the Preschool Classroom
- Favorite Rhyming Books
- How to Use Journals with 3 Year Olds
- Creating a Literacy-Rich Preschool Environment
Music and Movement
- 25+ Music and Movement Activities
- 30 Favorite Toddler Songs
- Music to Get the Wiggles Out
- Rhythm Sticks Activities
- Learning Songs for Circle Time
- Check out my favorite collection for preschool teachers: The Best Resources for Preschool Teachers. I will be adding to it, so keep checking back!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel! This is where I share videos of my classroom – with tips and activities and a peek at my students actually making their way around our classroom.
Make sure to subscribe to my newsletter where I share tips and activities that are delivered right to your inbox!
Follow me on Instagram so you can see snippets of our days in the classroom.
Check out my Pinterest board for Teachers.
See what my favorite products are that I use in my classroom.
And now I have a private support group for teachers of toddlers and preschoolers!
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.