Cooking with kids might seem a bit overwhelming, but truly, there are a lot of fun and simple recipes out there! One of my fondest memories as a young mother was cooking with my own children. They loved being beside me at the kitchen counter, measuring, stirring, and pouring. They are grown now, but I am lucky to have the opportunities to cook with my students in my preschool classroom.
Are you ready to cook with your kids? Try one of these!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Benefits of cooking with children:
- Builds language and math skills.
- Lays the foundation for healthy eating habits.
- Encourages them to explore with their 5 senses.
- Boosts confidence.
Cooking with Kids Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins: Learn how to mash bananas with a fork with this delicious recipe.
- Easy Blueberry Cake: The perfect snack to make after a visit to the blueberry farm.
- Vegetable Soup: Enjoy some simple math while making this tasty soup.
- Fruit Salad: Learn about the colors of different fruit while putting together a healthy fruit salad.
- Family Cake: Get the entire family involved in painting a cake. (Adventure in a Box)
- Honey Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats: Combine honey and peanut butter for some sweet and salty goodness. (Sugar Aunts)
- Homemade Alphabet Soup: The perfect soup to make after reading Chicka ,Chicka ,Boom, Boom. (Homegrown Friends)
- Chicka Coconut Banana Booms: Here’s another fun snack to make after reading Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom. (Growing Book by Book)
- Hot Dog Chip Dog Cookies: Get the kids involved in making treats for their dogs. (Sunny Day Family)
- English Muffin Pizza: After reading Little Red Hen, have fun making this pizza. (Pre-K Pages)
- Cinnamon Chips: All you need are flour tortillas, salt, and a cinnamon-sugar mixture. (Cutting Tiny Bites)
- Rainbow Cupcakes: Learn the colors of the rainbow while making these tasty cupcakes. (Craftulate)
- Banana Bread: Put those ripe bananas to good use while making a yummy bread with your children. (Play to Learn Preschool)
More activities to try: