Inside: Over 40 toddler rainbow activities that include art, sensory, snacks and books. Easy and fun ways to teach color recognition!
Basically, I like to set the activity on a low table, pull the chairs away, and let them walk right up and get busy.
Because their attention spans are shorter, they might only want to spend a minute or so and then walk away.
However, they will often return to do more exploring, so we leave it out awhile.
As toddlers transition into preschoolers, they will be able to sit for longer periods of time. So, for now, my goal is to get my toddlers excited about exploring, no matter how short or long they intend to do so.
No time to read now? Pin and save for later!
40+ Amazing Toddler Rainbow Activities
Providing hands-on rainbow activities is a wonderful and fun way to expose toddlers to different colors!
- Rainbows on Bubble Wrap
- Hanging Rainbows
- Rainbow Sponge Painting on the Easel
- Stacking Rainbow Felt Board Idea (Mama, Papa, Bubba)
- Rainbow Puzzle Felt Page (Powerful Mothering)
- Painting Rainbows with Cars
- Rainbow Suncatchers
- Rainbow Mobile
- Rainbow Collage Craft (Happy Hooligans)
- Giant Color Wheel
- Toddler Rainbow Fun
- Cotton Ball Rainbow (Fireflies and Mud Pies)
- Cupcake Liner Rainbow Craft (I Heart Crafty Things)
- Watercolor Rainbow Art (Buggy and Buddy)
- Rainbow Potato Printing (I Heart Arts N Crafts)
- Sensory Rainbow Shaving Cream Painting (Learning and Exploring Through Play)
- Handprint Rainbow (3 Dinosaurs)
- Rainbow Sand Art (Adventure in a Box)
- Paint Mixing and Painting on the Easel (Meri Cherry)
- Shaving Cream Color Mixing (Meri Cherry)
- Taste-Safe Rainbow Finger Paints (Fireflies and Mud Pies)
Rainbow sensory activities:
- Fun Rainbow Sorting Sensory Bin
- Sticky Wall Rainbow (Mama, Papa, Bubba)
- Sticky Tissue Paper Rainbow (3 Dinosaurs)
- Sticky Wall Color Matching Game (Mama, Papa, Bubba)
- Rainbow Play Dough Kit (Mama, Papa, Bubba)
- Edible Scented Rainbow Play Dough (Preschool Powol Packets)
- Rainbow Spring Sensory Paints (FSPDT)
- Taste-Safe Sensory Rainbow (Powerful Mothering)
- Rainbow Sensory Play Bottles (My Little 3 and Me)
- Rainbow Oats Sensory Play (And Next Comes L)
- Rainbow Spaghetti Play (Laughing Kids Learn)
- Water Bead Sensory Bottles (Living Montessori Now)
- Rainbow Clean Mud (FSPDT)
- Rainbow Letter Sensory Bin (Growing Book by Book)
- Shaving Cream Gold Coin Dig (House of Burke)
- Rainbow Fruit Snack (Mama, Papa, Bubba)
- Rainbow Parfait (Lemon Lime Adventures)
- Rainbow Fruit with Chocolate Fondue (See Vanessa Craft)
- Edible Rainbow (Adventures of Adam)
- Rainbow Salt Writing Tray (FSPDT)
- Frozen Rainbow Yogurt Pops (Coffee Cups and Crayons)
- Rainbow Bento Box (Hello Bee)
- Rainbow Green Bean Salad (Super Healthy Kids)
You might also like:
Planning on adding a rainbow theme to your classroom?
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.