Teach Toddlers Colors with Easter Eggs
What you will need:
Light table or overhead projector (You don’t need fancy equipment! Consider making your own simple light table!)
It’s really this easy: place the eggs on the table and let the children do the rest!
Some fun ways to use this activity:
- Place all the eggs in a container beside the light table or projector. Invite your toddler to put a specific color of eggs on top of the light.
- Put all the eggs on top of the light source and have him remove one color, placing it back in the container.
- Hide the eggs around the room. Go on an egg hunt. As the eggs are found, they are placed on the light source.
- If your toddler knows simple counting, ask her to put 1 egg on the light source. Try 2. Try 3. Count as high as she is able.
- Use ladles to transport the eggs to and from the light source. Tongs are fun for older toddlers!
You can view more color ideas on my color pin board!
Here are more ideas for your toddlers: