Inside: These preschool name activities contain fun, hands-on ideas. Each idea exposes young children to the letters in their names, one of the first words they usually recognize and write!
Guess what? Even before they can write their names, they can start recognizing the letters in them.
While they are getting their hands and fingers strong enough to hold a writing tool, they can become familiar with those letters through hands-on play. I’ve put together a collection of fun and easy activities that will do just that.
And when I say easy, we are talking about stamping in playdough, writing the letters on the bottoms of cups, putting together name puzzles, and more fun ideas.
The more name recognition opportunities your preschoolers have, the easier it will be for them when they are ready to hold writing tools.
It’s all about providing fun opportunities. Take a look at this collection and let me know if you have tried some!
No time to read this right now? Pin and save for later!
12 Preschool Name Activities
Each of these name activities exposes preschoolers to their name in a variety of ways. These are fun to try at home and in the classroom!
- Write your name in a rainbow with this salt tray.
2. Turn a name into a puzzle.
3. Play the Name Game! (Teach Preschool)
4. Spell your name with glue, salt and watercolors. (Happy Hooligans)
5. Hang the letters of your name on a clothesline. (Pre-K Pages)
6. Play the Spell Your Name Game. (No Time for Flashcards)
7. Make a colorful mosaic name. (Fun-a-Day)
8. Get moving while playing name ring toss. (Hands On As We Grow)
8. Play a name activity using cars. (Buggy and Buddy)
9. Make a “My Name Book”. (Teach Preschool)
11. Put your name on a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree. (Toddler Approved)
12. Stamp your name in play dough. (Mama Papa Bubba)
You can find more ideas on my name activities pinboard!
More literacy ideas:
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.