Inside: Planning your toddler and preschool April themes? This collection includes a variety of hands-on ideas that you can add to your monthly planner!
If you are planning your toddler and preschool April themes, I’ve made it easier for you by putting my favorite resources in one spot!
We’ve added activities for your centers, for circle time, activities that build specific skills, music … and much more.
Ideas for Toddler and Preschool April Themes
What we will be doing for April 2021:
These themes will overlap as we will be exploring each of them the entire month.
Note: I added Easter to our March themes and it will end on April 2nd. You can see what we are doing with our Easter theme in 2021 here.
Weeks 1 and 2: Bugs and Butterflies (See details of what we will be doing here.)
Weeks 3 and 4: Gardening (See details of what we will be doing in 2021 here.)
I will be sharing the details of each week in my free newsletters. Click here to sign up!
Teaching online this year? Check out these resources:
- Bugs and Butterflies
Scroll down to find out what others are doing during the month of April! I’ve provided links to even more ideas!
Classroom Set Ups
You can view my previous classroom theme set up posts and videos here:
Bugs and Butterflies
- Props: Plain and Numbered Flowers
- Five Little Speckled Frogs– Using Frogs Printable from Song & Rhymes Pack
- Five Little Ducks Went Swimming One Day – Using Ducks Printable from Song & Rhymes Pack
- Song: Five Little Caterpillars
- Song: Butterfly Colors Song
- Song: The Gardener Plants the Seeds
- Song: 5 Spring Flowers
- Movement Song: The Grasshopper Hop
- Spring Preschool Circle Time Songs and Activities (Growing Book by Book)
- Spring Circle Time Activities (Play to Learn Preschool)
- Colorful Paper Plate Flowers
- Marble-Painted Butterflies
- Colorful Butterflies (Free Printable Template)
- Big Butterflies
- Egg Carton Caterpillars
- Cherry Blossom Art
- Easy and Fun Spring Crafts
- Flower Color Sorting Activity
- Spring Flower Color Pattern Blocks Activity (Free Printable)
- 20+ Color Activities
- Alphabet Flower Sensory Bin
- Too Many Carrots Garden Sensory Bin
- Spring Sensory Bins
- Spring Water Table with Rubber Ducks
- Frog Pond Sensory Play
- Frog Water Table
Music & Movement
- 25+ Music and Movement Activities
- Easter Playlist on Spotify
- Bugs and Butterflies Playlist on Spotify
- Spring Playlist on Spotify
- How to Make An Easy Butterfly Feeder
- Sunflower Garden Activity
- How to Plant Seeds for an Easy Gardening Activity
- Terrariums in a Jar
- What Lives in the Pond? (Free Printable)
- Hands-On Spring Science Activities
- Nature Scavenger Hunt (Free Printable)
- Printable Butterfly Activity
- Printable Flower Activity
- Spring Counting 1-10 (Free Printable Mats)
- Bug Counting Puzzles (Free Printable)
- Count the Flowers
- Spring Math Activity With Flowers
- Spring 1-10 Counting Cards (Free Printable)
- How Many Frogs Are On The Lily Pads? (Free Printable Cards)
- 10 Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- 20+ Fun Toddler Spring Activities
- 15+ Spring Butterfly Activities
- Spring Flower Activities
- 12 of the Best Gardening Ideas
- 44 Outdoor Learning Activities
Here are the books we will be reading in 2021:
- Caterpillar Spring: Butterfly Summer
- Ten Wriggly, Wiggly Butterflies
- Let’s Count Butterflies
- In My Flower
- The Little Gardener
- What Happens Next?
- My Garden
- Lola Plants a Garden
Here are is a collection of gardening books:
- April Themed Activities for Kids (Living Montessori Now)
More Theme Ideas for April
Here are what other teachers from our Facebook Group are doing in April:
Around the World
Looking for more theme ideas? Click here!
Spring Lesson Plans
I’m so excited to be one of the authors of these hands-on lesson plans for toddlers and for preschoolers!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
For more information, click on the graphics below: