Count the Flowers Spring Math Activity for Preschoolers
What you will need:
Fake flower pieces (check your dollar store or a craft store)
Containers (the number of containers depends on how high you want to go with the counting)
Putting this spring math activity together:
- Glue the a flower on the top of each craft stick. (I used a hot glue gun.) If you are using 5 containers, you will need 15.
- Label your containers 1-5, or more, if that is your choice. You can simply write these on a sticker and place it on the container, or print them from the computer (as I did) and tape them to the container.
How to do this spring math activity:
- Display the containers in a row, with the flower sticks beside them.
- Call out the numbers with your children, pointing to each number as you do so.
- Invite the children to place the correct number of flowers in each container.
- Once the children master this, try mixing up the numbers so they are not in order.
Come see another way we used our silk flowers!
More math ideas for preschoolers:
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.