Inside: Plan your toddler and preschool May themes with ideas from this collection of hands-on ideas!
Planning for May?
I’ve put together this toddler and preschool May themes resource that includes not only what we will be doing, but ideas from other teachers, too.
We’ve added activities for your centers, for circle time, activities that build specific skills, music … and much more.
Ideas for Toddler and Preschool May Themes
What we will be doing for May 2021:
I will be sharing the details of each week in my free newsletters. Click here to sign up!
Teaching online this year? Check out these resources:
Toddler and Preschool May Themes Ideas
- Dinosaurs (See What We Are Doing in 2021 Here)
- Mother’s Day
- Beach/Ocean (See What We Are Doing in 2021 Here)
Scroll down to find out what others are doing during the month of May! I’ve provided links to even more ideas!
Classroom Set Ups
You can view my previous classroom theme set up posts and videos here:
- Dinosaur Color Recognition Circle Time Printable
- Ten Little Dinosaurs Circle Time Activity
- Plain and Numbered Ocean Fish Circle Time Props
- D is for Dinosaur Craft (Fun with Mama)
- Dinosaur Name Craft (Toddler Approved)
- Paper Plate Dinosaurs (Toddler Approved)
- Spool-Stamped Fish Art
- Toddler Fish Craft (Free Printable)
- Watercolor Jellyfish
- 30+ Outdoor Art Activities
- Colorful Candle Holders for Mom
- Flower Magnet Photo Gift for Mom
- Scented Bath Salts for Mom
- Colorful Mother’s Day Gift Wrap
- Mother’s Day Card
- 25+ of the Best Mother’s Day Gifts
- Balancing Dinosaurs on Blocks (Moments Enriched)
Music & Movement
Science and Discovery
- Ocean Discovery Bottle
- Exploring Shells (Gift of Curiosity)
- Hatching Frozen Dinosaur Eggs (Little Bins for Little Hands)
- Fizzy Dinosaur Eggs (Play Inspired Mum)
- Beach Dramatic Play
- Dinosaur Dig Site Dramatic Play (Play to Learn Preschool)
- 25 Dramatic Play Ideas
- Nature Scavenger Hunt (Free Printable)
- 15 Nature Activities
- Outdoor Activities for Small Spaces
- 44 Preschool Outdoor Learning Ideas
- Playdough Ocean Animals (No Time for Flash Cards)
- Ocean Play Dough Activity (My Bored Toddler)
- Dinosaur Fossil Playdough Activity (Sunshine Whispers)
- Dino Playdough Match Activity (Toddler At Play)
- 15+ Playdough Learning Activities
- Jellyfish Lunch (JDaniel4’s Mom)
- Footprint Dinosaur Cookies (Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails)
- Dinosaur Egg Rice Krispie Treats (Mess for Less)
- Fish Pre-Writing Activity
- Beach Left-to-Right Activity
- Activities That Get The Hands Ready For Writing
- 25+ Easy Toddler Fine Motor Activities
- Ocean Counting Activity
- Ten Little Fish Counting Activity
- Dinosaur Spike Counting (Glue to My Crafts)
- Dinosaur Math Activities (Living Montessori Now)
- Fish Alphabet Printable Activity
- Pretend Play Fishing Alphabet Activity (Fun Learning for Kids)
- Dinosaur Letter Hunt (Happy Toddler Playtime)
Here are the dinosaur books we will be reading in 2021:
- Listen and Learn Dinosaurs
- Dinosaur Dance!
- How Do Dinosaurs Play With Their Friends?
- Baby Touch and Feel: Baby Dinosaur
- Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs
- Peek-A-Boo Dinosaur
Here are the ocean/beach books we will be reading in 2021:
- I’m the Biggest Thing In The Ocean
- Baby Beluga
- Freddie Goes to the Beach
- Sea, Sand, Me!
- Biscuit’s First Beach Day
- Montessori Inspired Dinosaur Activity Trays (The Pinay Homeschooler)
- Montessori Theme Ocean Preschool Activities (Natural Beach Living)
More Theme Ideas for April
Here are what other teachers from our Facebook Group are doing in May:
Looking for more theme ideas? Click here!
Toddler and Preschool Lesson Plans
We’ve done the work for you! I’ve helped create dinosaur lesson plans and ocean lesson plans for both toddlers and preschoolers!
Each packet contains hands-on learning activities that build a variety of skills.
These are digital products, meaning that once you purchase them a link will be emailed to you with lesson plans that you can download on to your computer.
Click below for more information: