Inside: This felt Valentine’s craft is so much fun to make, with bright buttons glued on colored felt, and look cute hanging in the classroom or home!
With only about a week left, I needed an easy and cute Valentine’s craft.
I recalled what a hit our felt trees were and decided to do the same with hearts.
This easy Valentine’s button heart craft was loved just as much as those. And, it’s so easy to put together!
Cute Felt Valentine’s Craft with Buttons
What you will need:
- Black paper (we used black poster board because it’s thicker, and black card stock would work, too)
- Felt, your choice of colors
- Buttons, your choice of colors
Prepping the activity:
- Cut the black paper into heart shapes.
- Use a hole punch to add a small hole at the top of the heart for the ribbon.
- Cut the felt into heart shapes that are a bit smaller than the paper. (A nesting set of cookie cutters works well for this. Just set them on the paper and fabric, trace and cut.)
- Place the buttons in some sort of container.
Invite your children to squeeze glue onto the paper heart. (Note: they will want to squeeze forever, so you will have to gently remove the bottle from their hands.)
Have them press the felt heart onto the paper heart.
Squeeze more glue on top of the felt.
And then add buttons.
Note: Buttons can be a choking hazard, so supervision is required.
Tie the ribbon through the hole and let dry! It really is that easy!
More Valentines ideas
Teaching Kindness in the Classroom
Come see how we added kindness activities to our preschool classroom that helped our children understand the importance of being kind towards towards others!
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.