Inside: Looking for ways to get your preschoolers’ hands ready for writing? This collection of fall fine motor activities will do just that!
Pumpkins! Leaves! Pine Cones! Apples! Ah yes, fall is here. You will find all of these in our favorite collection of fall fine motor activities for preschoolers.
Once I started searching, I was amazed at the variety! I enjoyed putting together this collection. These fine motor activities can be done in a classroom or at home. Each of these preschool fine motor activities for fall helps develop fine motor muscles that will be necessary for writing later on.
Free fall fine motor printables! Scroll down towards bottom of post to find them.
Big Collection of Fall Fine Motor Activities for Preschoolers
Fall Fine Motor Activities for Preschoolers with Pine Cones:
- Use pipettes to drop paint onto pinecones.
- Work those weaving skills with pine cones! (Rainy Day Mum)
- Make pine cones look frosty with white paint and glitter.
- Pour paint on pine cones. (Growing a Jeweled Rose)
- Add pinecones to a sensory bin. (Carrots Are Orange)
- Use your fine motor skills to make a bird feeder. (Natural Mommie)
- Explore pinecones with tongs and ladles. (We Can Do All Things)
- Make a pumpkin. (Free Kids’ Craft)
- Put pinecones in a sensory bin. (Fantastic Fun and Learning)
- Work with kitchen utensils while make pinecone and cinnamon sensory soup. (And Next Comes L)
Fall Fine Motor Activities for Preschoolers with Pumpkins:
- Transfer pumpkins using magnets.
- Work on fine motor skills with this fun pumpkin patch counting activity. (Frugal Fun 4 Boys)
- Act out the Five Little Pumpkins poem with props that use clothespins. (Still Playing School)
- Add some plastic toys and have fun with easy pumpkin pie scented play dough. (Growing Hands On Kids)
- Make a pumpkin patch out of a shoe box for some fine motor fun.. (House of Burke)
- Print some fall play dough mats for your play dough table. (The Preschool Toolbox)
- Pound golf tees into pumpkins.
- Draw faces and add googly eyes to pumpkins. (Beauty Through Imperfection)
Fall Fine Motor Activities for Preschoolers with Leaves:
- Have fun with a leaf color sort felt mat. (Stir the Wonder)
- Drop watercolors onto tissue paper leaves.
- Use your fingers to wad up tissue paper to make fall leaves. (Kids Activities Blog)
- Paint leaves on a tree using Q-Tips. (Mess for Less)
- Punch holes in leaves for a fine motor threading activity. (Picklebums)
- Hypersensitive children will enjoy this simple fall leaf finger painting. (Teach Preschool)
- Pinch colored sand and placed it on a glued leaf outline. (Pre-Kinders)
Fall Fine Motor Activities for Preschoolers with Apples:
- Carve handles in apples and make prints.
- Tonging red and green apples (and other fall fine motor ideas). (Little Bins for Little Hands)
- Make an apple harvest pom pom tree. (Play Trains)
- Scoop miniature apples and place in burlap bags.
- Sew an apple. (The Jenny Evolution)
- Bob for apples using tongs. (Fantastic Fun and Learning)
- Strengthen counting skills while using tongs in an apple number activity. (Fun-a-Day)
- Use spoons to scoop apples from the sensory table. (And Next Comes L)
Free Fall Fine Motor Printables:
Bonus! Grab your copy of this fun scissor practice packet:
32 pages total of scissor practice activities in a age appropriate and developmental sequence. For preschool through 1st graders. For only $2.99 download your PDF digital product now!
More ways to get the hands ready for writing:
Our favorite fine motor materials:
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.