Inside: I’ve put together over 25 of the best Mother’s Day ideas for kids! A bit of everything, including candles, bowls, jewelry, bath salts, and more. Easy and fun for preschoolers!
There are so many fun Mother’s Day ideas for kids to make!
All 3 of my children are now grown, but the bottom drawer of my nightstand holds many Mother’s Day treasures from them.
25+ of the Best Mother’s Day Ideas for Kids
- Mix together simple ingredients to make some lovely smelling bath salts.
- Make a simple necklace with air-dry clay and beads.
- Create a Mommy fairy with a special hand-drawn face.
- Make flowers out of handprints and include the child’s picture for a keepsake card. (Mommy’s Bundle)
- Give Mom a clay footprint bowl as a creative keepsake gift. (Messy Little Monster)
- Add fingerprints to make flowers on a canvas bag. (The Gingerbread House)
- Use a bottle cap for a custom key chain that Mom will love. (Artsy Fartsy Mama)
- Give Mom her own thumbprint butterfly mug for her coffee or tea. (The Best Ideas for Kids)
- Create a miniature canvas for this fingerprint heart craft. (Red Ted Art)
- Save those lost puzzle pieces and make a Mother’s Day frame. (Buggy and Buddy)
- Make a Mother’s Day handprint art piece that will be loved for years. (Easy Peasy and Fun)
- Press tiny fingers into clay to make fingerprint pendants. (A Girl and a Glue Gun)
- Add a handprint and flowers with special words to Mommy. (Food, Love and Life)
- Decorate terra cotta pots and add Mom’s favorite flowers. (Mama Smiles)
- Press a painted handprint on paper and let Mommy know she is the sunshine. (Kathy Griffin’s Teaching Strategies)
- Transfer a child’s drawing onto a candle. (Come Together Kids)
- Give Mom something to wear with this sweet necklace. (Rhythms of Play)
- Use clay to make a family fingerprint ornament. (The Pinterested Parent)
- Use a child’s art to create a special tea towel. (Setting for Four)
- Press sweet footprints onto salt dough hearts. (Hub Pages)
- Create a handprint card. (Krokotak)
- Make a tie dyed bookmark with Sharpies. (Happy Hooligans)
- Print a free Mother’s Day questionnaire and have your child fill it out. (Crafting Chicks)
- Use a child’s footprints to make a butterfly pot. (Mama Papa Bubba)
- Add sand and footprints to create a fun keepsake. (Paging Fun Mums)
- Tint mason jars and add flowers. (Hands On As We Grow)
And how about Father’s Day?
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.