What you will need:
Fake flower pieces (check your dollar store or a craft store)
Containers (the number of containers depends on how high you want to go with the counting)
Putting this activity together:
- Glue the a flower on the top of each craft stick. (I used a hot glue gun.) If you are using 5 containers, you will need 15.
- Label your containers 1-5, or more, if that is your choice. You can simply write these on a sticker and place it on the container, or print them from the computer (as I did) and tape them to the container.
How to do this activity:
- Display the containers in a row, with the flower sticks beside them.
- Call out the numbers with your children, pointing to each number as you do so.
- Invite the children to place the correct number of flowers in each container.
- Once the children master this, try mixing up the numbers so they are not in order.
Come see another way we used our silk flowers!
Here are more activities you will like:
Preschool math toys:
Are you getting my weekly newsletters? They are delivered right to your e-mail!
Sign up here.