19 Flares 19 Flares ×
There are so many fun ways to encourage counting, such as this preschool counting activity for spring! So easy to make and play with!
This activity is part of our Preschool Math Play collection. Gather these materials and you are ready to go!
- Silk flower pieces
- Colored craft sticks
- Small containers to hold the flowers
- Numbers that can be taped on the containers
Simply glue flowers to the tips of the craft sticks with glue. While they are drying, tape numbers on small containers, 1 through 5. I typed out some numbers in a Word document and printed them on colored paper. You could also use number stickers or just hand-write them. Keep it simple!
Note: You certainly are not limited to 5. If your child is counting higher, you can add more containers and flowers! A great activity that can grow with your child.
How to use:
- Display the containers in a row, with the flower sticks beside them.
- Call out the numbers with your child, pointing to each number as you do so.
- Invite your child to place the correct number of flowers in each container.
- Once your child masters this, try mixing up the numbers so they are not in order.
Simple flower counting math for preschoolers!
Here are more activities you will like:
Here are even more math activities:
- Teach 1:1 correspondence and patterning with blocks. (Hands On As We Grow)
- Toddlers and preschoolers can learn their colors, shapes and numbers with this homemade drop box. (Happy Hooligans)
- Explore numbers in nature! (Childhood 101)
- You’re sure to find some fun kids’ math activities in this huge math collection.
- (Toddler Approved)Kids can learn math through games! (Kids Activities Blog)
Available from Amazon:
Are you getting my weekly newsletters? They are delivered right to your e-mail!
Sign up here.