Not everyone has a lot of outdoor space for play. When our children were young, we had a couple of very small backyards, but I always found a way to provide fun activities for them to do on our patio. The same can be said for my preschool. Compared to many preschools, our outdoor area is small, with brick as its only surface. I envy those play areas with lots of lawn as well as pavement, but we work with what we have. Since I am always looking for outdoor activities that work well in small areas, I thought I’d share the collection with you.
Outdoor Activities for Preschoolers:
2. Pretend you are at the beach with a tide pool sensory bin.(Buggy and Buddy)
3. Collect flowers to make Flower Potions! (Blog Me Mom)
7. Now here is a clever way to add an easel outdoors. Perfect for a small space! (Teach Preschool)
8. The most simple and yet so very fun outdoor activity is filling a bin with soap and water. (Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds)
9. What child doesn’t like making mud pies? These ones are fancied up with dandelions! (The Pleasantest Thing)
10. How about bubbles? Here are 10 different bubble activities! (Kids Activities Blog)
11. Bring the toy cars and trucks outside for a Toddler Car Wash. (Kids’ Play Space)
13. Say YES to drippy activities outdoor with Squirt Paint! (Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds)
14. Kids LOVE to paint with water. (No Time for Flashcards)
15. Develop color recognition skills outdoors with this fun color matching idea using chalk. (Nurturestore)
16. Put some watercolors in a spray bottle and have fun with Watercolor Spray Painting! (Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds)
17. Create some fun DIY Outdoor Roads for car play.(And Next Comes L)
18. Fill some small tubs different colors for toddler water play. (Two-daloo)
19. Fill up your pool or water table and go fishing for numbers! (Buggy and Buddy)
More ideas for young children:
Are you getting my weekly newsletters? They are delivered right to your e-mail!
Sign up here.