Inside: This collection will keep kids busy during winter break with a variety of fun activities! Can be done indoors, outdoors, with family and friends. No more “I’m bored”!
The kids are home from school.
It’s only day two and already they are bickering, needing something to do, that’s preferably screen-free.
I’ve got you covered!
Here is my favorite collection of easy and fun ideas that you can put together for your kids over winter break.
They will also work with babysitters, grandparents, and child care centers! Get the materials ready ahead of time and you are ready when the first “I have nothing to do” is said.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
20 Brilliant Ways to Keep Kids Busy During Winter Break
- Sing! And if you want books to go with the songs, check out this collection.
- Get in the kitchen and make something together. We love these recipes.
- Become scientists and put together some fun experiments.
- Play a game! Check out these learning games for preschoolers.
- Turn your kitchen table into a play dough factory. Try one of these recipes.
- Grab a freezer bag and invite your children to create (mess-free) painting.
- If you live where the weather is fair this time of year (and I am jealous of you), paint outside!
- Paint on ice! Or, if you want to add a holiday twist, paint on gingerbread ice or Christmas tree ice!
- Do you have paint samples stashed in drawers? Cut them into shapes for yarn wrapping.
- Are they energetic? Get those wiggles out by dancing!
- Snuggle up and read a book. Here are our favorite rhyming books.
- Make some frozen sparkly paint! It can stay in the freezer until the kids are ready to paint.
- Need something simple that you probably already have on hand? You will appreciate these activities that only use 2-3 ingredients.
- Do your kids love cars? Drive them through paint!
- Give them a box. Seriously, kids love boxes and will turn them into so many different things.
- Have a tea party!
- Make a necklace (and work those fine motor skills at the same time).
- Do you have bubble wrap from Christmas packaging? Make prints from it!
- Make hot cocoa and sit by the fire.
- Draw on a white board.
Looking for more ideas? Head on over to one of my favorite places to share fun activities for young children!
Some of my favorite activity resource books:
More ideas for young children:
Looking for something fun to do with the whole family over winter break?
Now available! 30 Festive Ideas of Christmas Ornaments – 35 pages of creative fun for the whole family! From the creative Red Ted Art blog. Buy ebook now for only $7.99.
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.