As summer is winding down, I thought I’d put together a collection of back to school ideas for parents. As a teacher, I’ve already gotten a few e-mails from parents asking about supplies and tips for making the start of the school year more successful. While I had preschool in mind when gathering these ideas, most of them can be adapted to elementary school, too.
Even though it’s been quite awhile since I’ve dealt with the parent side of back to school, I still remember them vividly. I remember wanting (and needing) to be organized. There were so many things to remember, like paperwork, books, supplies, school clothes, back packs … yikes! And now I see my preschool parents going through the same, especially if they also have older children.
After going through this collection, please leave me your favorite tips in the comments!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Back to School Ideas for Parents
- If you are concerned about how your child will do at school without you, these tips on how to handle separation anxiety will be helpful.
- Count the days until back-to-school with this fun calendar craft.
- You will want to use these free printable signs for your child to hold during that first day photo.
- Make that first day of school breakfast special with one of these breakfast recipes.
- Buying school clothing and supplies can be expensive! Here are some tips to help save money.
- If you sew, here are some fun back-to-school sewing activities just for you!
- If you are an organizer, take a look at all these tips for making your home ready for the school year.
- Give your child’s new teacher a little gift, such as this mason jar cookie holder.
More ideas for young children:
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.