Inside: This collection of outdoor art activities is full of hands-on fun and exploration. Each idea invites toddlers and preschoolers to use their 5 senses as they get creative with a variety of materials!
There are days when the outdoors is calling your name.
Your art table in the classroom is ready to greet the children when they arrive. But it’s so nice outside! What to do?
Move those art materials outside and try one of these awesome outdoor activities!
Your kids will thank you.
There is something about losing the walls and the ceiling that is so rewarding.
Another plus? Who cares if the paint drips! Everything just feels less restricted when it’s done outside.
18 Outdoor Art Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Make your own bubble paint to create vibrant prints!
- Collect rainwater to make this watercolor paint! (Learn, Play, Imagine)
- Place a canvas on the picnic table for a beautiful watercolor project
- Take the paint to the sidewalk with this fizzing paint! (Kids Activities Blog)
- Paint with cars on long sheets of paper. (Munchkins and Moms)
- Shaving cream paint is perfect for the great outdoors. (Happy Hooligans)
- Set up an easel and try this fun drip painting! (Childhood 101)
- Paint with fly swatters. (Munchkins and Moms)
- Get out the paintbrushes and rollers and have fun with water. (Happy Hooligans)
- Toss painted balls into a box. (Kids Play Box)
- Fingerpaint on the windows. (The Jenny Evolution)
- Have fun painting with yarn. (Busy Toddler)
- Stomp with paint and bubble wrap. (The Soccer Mom Blog)
- Try some splat art with different colors! (Fun a Day)
- Use a tree as an easel. (Teach Preschool)
- Paint on windows! (Views from a Step Stool)
- Collect natural materials on a walk and use them for some nature smash painting. (No Time for Flashcards)
- Paint with ice chalk and oil. (Learn, Play, Imagine)
More outdoor ideas:
Planning your summer theme? We’ve done the work for you!
I am so excited to be a co-author of these summer theme lesson plans.
24 preschool learning activities for your summer theme, including literacy, math, science, art, fine motor, and more! A great resource for teachers and homeschoolers.
24 preschool learning activities that cover:
You can read more about our lesson plans, and see example pages, here: Preschool Lesson Plans
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.