Planning for Circle Time:
- Create an inviting circle time area. (Pre-K Pages)
- Think about when your circle time would be best, and for how long.
- Have props ready to go. (Pre-Kinders)
- Know the do’s and don’ts to reading aloud to young children. (Teach Preschool)
Circle Time Activities:
- Practice name recognition with The Name Game (Teach Preschool)
- Hand each child a number and go around the circle, asking what number it is. The cards are easy to make, as I show here.
- Pass around a letter bag and have the children remove a letter and identify it. (Dr. Jean and Friends)
- Consider adding learning activities that are related to a book that was read to the class.
- Circle time is perfect for playing games. (Earlychildhood NEWS)
- Strengthen shape recognition while also learning colors!
- Learn colors and shapes with rainbow rocks. (Fun-a-Day)
- Sing some of these circle time songs. (Songs for Teaching)
Resource books available from Amazon:
Are you following my Pinterest boards? I add lots of ideas DAILY!
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner