Inside: These preschool winter activities involve ice and lots of fun hands-on exploration. Perfect for your science table!
The cold weather is here.
We love to explore ice this time of year!
While planning winter theme, I found 15 fun winter ice activities for preschoolers.
These are engaging, hands-on ideas that can be done in the classroom and at home. Ready for some winter fun?
15 Fun Winter Ice Activities for Preschoolers
- Freeze blocks of ice and paint on them.
- Explore ice and water in the sensory bin.
- Brainstorm ways to keep ice from melting. (Planet Smarty Pants)
- Scoop ice out of water for a chilly sensory experience. (Busy Toddler)
- Princess lovers will have fun with this ice castle excavation activity. (School Time Snippets)
- Add some STEM to your winter theme by experimenting with frozen magnetic pieces. (Little Bins for Little Hands)
- Explore a rainbow with melting ice. (Powerful Mothering)
- Practice letter recognition while trying to remove letters from ice. (Little Bins for Little Hands)
- Melt frozen hands with salt and water. (Happy Hooligans)
- Go fishing for ice and learn what happens when salt is added. (Science Kiddo)
- For a simple winter science activity, explore fizzy ice. (Toddler Approved)
- Freeze Lego figures in water and excavate them. (Lemon Lime Adventures)
- Do you want to melt a snowman? This ice melting activity looks like a fun sensory idea! (Munchkins and Moms)
- Make volcanoes from ice and watch them erupt. (Reading Confetti)
- Freeze ice and paint on sticks to make your own ice paint. (Easy Peasy and Fun)
More ideas for young children:
Check out our science pin board for more fun!
Planning your winter theme? We’ve done the work for you!
I am the co-author of these winter theme lesson plans.
24 preschool learning activities for your winter theme, including literacy, math, science, art, fine motor, and more! A great resource for teachers and homeschoolers.
24 preschool learning activities that cover
- Fine Motor
- Gross Motor
- Social Studies
- Circle Time
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.