Inside: These preschool winter math activities are perfect for number recognition and practicing counting skills. All are hands-on and fun!
Let’s hear it for creative math ideas!
I chose each of these winter math activities because they invite preschoolers to use their simple counting skills.
Easy and fun.
Scroll down towards bottom of page to find a FREE winter puzzle printable you can download and use today!
12 of the Best Preschool Math Activities for Winter
While planning your winter theme, choose any of these to build counting skills!
Note: We’ve numbered the photos to make it easier for you to match them to their link and description.
1. Put together a gingerbread counting busy bag that can be taken just about anywhere. (Wildflower Ramblings)
2. After making a hot cocoa craft, count and glue marshmallows on it. (Apples and ABC’s)
3. Download these free hot cocoa counting cards for some simple winter math fun. (The Measured Mom)
4. This counting snowballs winter math activity can be adapted for preschoolers and kindergarteners. (Fantastic Fun and Learning)
5. Children can help make the snowmen for a fun button counting game. (Mama Papa Bubba)
6. Download this free printable for a counting and color recognition activity.
7. Practice number recognition while going Olaf bowling. (A Little Pinch of Perfect)
8. Make your own finger puppets and count to 5 while reciting “5 Little Snowmen”. (Inner Child Fun)
10. Put together a winter counting sensory bin. (The Imagination Tree)
11. Practice simple counting while singing “5 Little Penguins”. (Let’s Play Music)
12. Play “count the snowballs” using snowman party cups. (Pre-K Pages)
More math ideas for young children:
FREE Winter 1-10 Picture Puzzle Printable
Click on the photo below for the free pdf digital download:
❄️Toddler and Preschool Winter Lesson Plans❄️
We’ve done the work for you! We now have interactive thematic lesson plans for toddlers (18-35 months) AND preschoolers (3-5 years)!
Get ready for fun and learning with unit lesson plans for winter.
Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
For more information, click on the graphics below: