Inside: This collection of preschool squirrel theme activities is great to add to your fall collection. Preschoolers will love learning about these furry friends!
During our outdoor play time in the fall, one of the things that our preschoolers love observing the most is the squirrels.
Something about the way they travel through the trees and on the fence posts fascinates them.
Because of this, we like to incorporate activities about squirrels in our nature themes so that they have a chance to learn more.
👉 Scroll down the page to find our free squirrel printable activities!
20 Fun Activities for a Preschool Squirrel Theme
- Squirrel Exploration Table – Allow toddlers to examine real acorns and other forest materials close-up to learn about the habitat that squirrels live in.
- Acorns Everywhere Sensory Bin – Create a sensory bin of acorns and dried peas for preschoolers to transfer with tongs. (I Heart Crafty Things)
- Feed the Squirrels Counting – To practice counting, have toddlers place the correct amount of acorns in each cup. (Preschool Play)
- Squirrel Color Matching Puzzle – Match the squirrel and acorn cards by the correct color. (Daycare Spaces and Ideas)
- Dixie Cup Squirrel – Featuring long paper tails and googley eyes, these dixie cup squirrels are so adorable and fun to create. (The Pinterested Parent)
- Squirrel Play Dough Counting Mats – Keep these free printable mats on your playdough table for a counting activity. (Prekinders)
- Squirrel Maze – Help the squirrel get to his lunch by tracing the correct path through this free printable maze. (Education)
- Winter Nest – Glue yarn, fluff, and other materials around the squirrel to build him a warm winter nest. (Our Crafts N Things)
- Squirrel Art – Create a cute squirrel peaking out of a tree inspired by the book Nuts to You! by Lois Ehlert. (Buggy and Buddy)
- Acorn Craft – Use the printable template to create torn paper art, or glue on different colored leaves for some nature art. (No Time for Flash Cards)
- Squirrel and Acorn Shape Puzzle – Match the shape of the squirrel’s body to the correct acorn shape. (Frogs and Fairies)
- Acorn Color Matching – Paint acorns and the caps various colors for a color matching preschool activity. (Teach Beside Me)
- Squirrel Scissor Practice – Toddlers will practice their scissor skills by cutting along the lines of these free printables. (Teacherspayteachers)
- Squirrel and Acorn Do-A-Dot – Practice stamping skills with these free squirrel and acorn do-a-dot printables. (SupplyMe)
- Acorn Alphabet Matching Game – Match the correct acorn letters to practice letter recognition. (Toddler Approved)
- Nature Walk Checklist – Go for a nature walk together, and look for the items pictured on this nature list to cross off, staying quiet to not scare any squirrels. (PreKinders)
- Squirrel Feeder Preschool Science – As a class or individually, create a squirrel feeder to keep outside near a window and watch for any furry friends. (Fun Learning for Kids)
- Tissue Paper Squirrel – Cover this cute friend in various shades of orange and/or brown tissue paper. Additionally, cut the squirrel out of the center and replace with contact paper for a fun suncatcher. (Crafting Cherubs Blog)
- Squirrel Song – Sing this squirrel song together at circle time, acting out the motions as a fun way to get on your feet. (Natural Beach Living)
- Paper Plate Acorn Craft – Paint and create this acorn for toddlers to dramatic play as squirrels. (A Little Pinch of Perfect)
Free squirrel printable activities!
Click on photos for downloads:
More nature activities:
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.