Inside: These preschool arctic animals activities are great for teaching your toddlers about which animals live in the arctic in a fun way. Free printables are included in this collection, too!
Most preschoolers know about the polar bears live in the arctic, but do they know about walruses, whales, snowy owls, seals, and so many more animals live there too?
The arctic circle is home to a large amount of the Earth’s animals, and contains 10% of the waters on our planet.
Temperatures there have been recorded to drop to as low as -90 degrees Fahrenheit!!
15 Preschool Arctic Animals Activities
- Polar Bear Masks – Toddlers will make their own fun polar bear masks out of paper plates, wooden sticks, and white paint.
- Paper Plate Walrus – Use brown string, googley eyes, and wooden sticks to make these adorable walrus faces. (My Mommy Style)
- Snow Owl Painting – Use a loofah or dish brush to paint the base of the snow owl and create a fun textured piece. (Fantastic Fun and Learning)
- Arctic Slime – Make your own wintery arctic slime that is perfect for the sensory bin. (Little Bins for Little Hands)
- Polar Bear Stamps – Use small potatoes to stamp paint onto paper and create little polar bear faces. (Frogs Snails and Puppy Dog Tails)
- Arctic Sensory Bin – Create an arctic sensory scene using fake snow and ice water with miniature arctic animals. (Fun Learning for Kids)
- Paw Print Large Motor – Cut out polar bear paw prints for toddlers to jump to and follow for large motor movement. (The Classroom Creative)
- Pretend Ice Fishing – Create a dramatic play ice fishing experience by cutting a hole out in a box and use magnetic fishing rods to catch fish under the ice. (Differentiated Kindergarten)
- Polar Bear Painting – Toddlers will use pompoms to stamp white paint and create a textured polar bear face. (Crafts on Sea)
- DIY Snow Dough – Make your own snow dough using baking soda and conditioner to use at the sensory table. (Happy Home Fairy)
- Arctic Animals Booklet – For a coloring activity, toddlers will color in this free booklet of animals that live in the arctic. (Teachers Pay Teachers)
- Arctic Animal Yoga – Lead your toddlers through these arctic animal yoga poses to get their wiggles out through movement. (Pink Oatmeal)
- Snowy Owl Craft – Use foam cups and white feathers to make adorable little standing snowy owls. (I Heart Crafty Things)
- Arctic I-Spy Bottle – Fill an empty plastic bottle with fake snow and either small plastic arctic animals, or laminated photos of the animals for toddlers to shake around and play I-Spy. (The Chaos and the Clutter)
- Matching Arctic Animals – Toddlers will place pompoms on the matching pictures of the animals. (Life Over C’s)
Free Arctic Animals Printables
Click on the photo below to get the download:
More animal activities:
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.