Inside: This painted valentines art is super easy for toddlers and preschoolers, and creates beautiful vibrant hearts!
I love spin art because, while the finished product is nice, it’s the process that is most important.
Our children are so intrigued as soon as they see the salad spinner.
And then, when we hand them the squirt bottle filled with paint? Wide eyes and huge smiles.
I have yet to find a toddler or preschooler who does not love this activity.
And it makes beautiful valentines art that can be displayed on the walls or windows!
Super Easy Valentines Art Using a Spinner
What you will need:
- Salad spinner
- Tempera paint
- Cardstock paper, cut into heart shapes
- Plastic squeeze bottles
- Glitter, your choice of colors
Prepping this activity:
Cut the card stock into heart shapes. Pour the paint into the squeeze bottles.
Show the children how to place the paper inside the salad spinner. Then, squirt paint onto it. (Note: since this activity, we’ve poured the paint into plastic squirt bottles, making it easier for the children to use.)
Now for the glitter:
Take some sort of box lid, or any tray with sides, and place the painted heart in it. Let your children shake the glitter onto it!
Check out our favorite collection of Valentine activities:
Valentine’s Day Theme Preschool Lesson Plans
Learn about love and kindness with your preschoolers in this engaging Valentine’s Day theme lesson plan set with ideas for reading, math, science & more.
This lesson plan set also includes:
1) Chocolate Taste Test (in color and b/w)
2) Heart Counting Mats 1-20
3) “I Love” Emergent Reader (2 versions)
4) Valentine Upper and Lowercase ABC Match (in color and b/w)
5) Valentine’s Day Dice Game (in color and b/w)
6) Valentine’s Day Letter Puzzles (in color and b/w)
7) 0-35 Valentine’s Day Number Cards (in color and b/w)
8) Valentine Roll and Graph Math Game (in color and b/w)
9) Printable Valentine Writing Papers
CLICK HERE for more information!
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.