Inside: 10+ fun preschool Valentine’s Day science activities with a variety of exploration. Fun, hands-on learning!
You are filling out your lesson plans for the Valentine’s Day theme and are struggling to find something for science.
You start cruising Pinterest but become overwhelmed by all the different possibilities.
So I made it easier by collecting simple, hands-on preschool Valentine’s Day science activities that are perfect for preschoolers.
In fact, some can even be adapted for toddlers.
Each activity encourages young children to wonder about the outcome as they are engrossed in the experiment!
Preschool Valentine’s Day Science Activities
Valentine’s Oil and Water Density Activity (Little Bins for Little Hands)
Fizzing Exploding Hearts (Preschool Powol Packets)
Dancing Conversation Hearts (Playdough to Plato)
Crystal Hearts (The STEM Laboratory)
Valentine’s Day Lava Lamp Science Experiment (Schooling a Monkey)
Melt the Frozen Heart (There’s Just One Mommy)
Glowing Heart Salt Circuit Activity (Steam Powered Family)
Engineering with Candy Hearts (Lemon Lime Adventures)
Taste-Safe Fizzing Heart Cloud Dough (Powerful Mothering)
Love Potion Science Experiment (Love Play Learn)
More Valentine’s Day Activities
Valentine’s Day Theme Preschool Lesson Plans
Learn about love and kindness with your preschoolers in this engaging Valentine’s Day theme lesson plan set with ideas for reading, math, science & more.
This lesson plan set also includes:
1) Chocolate Taste Test (in color and b/w)
2) Heart Counting Mats 1-20
3) “I Love” Emergent Reader (2 versions)
4) Valentine Upper and Lowercase ABC Match (in color and b/w)
5) Valentine’s Day Dice Game (in color and b/w)
6) Valentine’s Day Letter Puzzles (in color and b/w)
7) 0-35 Valentine’s Day Number Cards (in color and b/w)
8) Valentine Roll and Graph Math Game (in color and b/w)
9) Printable Valentine Writing Papers
CLICK HERE for more information!