Summer! Oh, how we love summer! I’ve been collecting fun summer activities for toddlers just for you. And I love this collection!
Our toddlers love to be busy :
did I mention moving?
I decided to round up some of our favorite toddler activities that can be done during the summer, indoors and out, any time of the day.
These fun activities involve lots of hands-on exploration and can be shared with older children, too!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Fun Summer Activities for Toddlers:
Paint with Balls – This is a fun activity that involves rolling balls dipped in paint. Try it indoors or outdoors!
Drive Cars Through Paint – If your toddlers love cars, they will adore this hands-on activity! Grab their favorite cars and trucks, add paint, and roll them across paper.
Make Prints From Bubble Wrap – The next time you have some leftover bubble wrap, invite your toddlers to make prints from them.
Play with Homemade Lavender Scented Dough – Toddlers will love helping you make this calming play dough. Save for those moments when everyone needs to wind down.
Paint with Rolling Pins – Wrap some of that bubble wrap around a rolling pin, add paint, and have fun!
Mix Colors with Hands – This is a fun activity to do on the patio! Mix 2 colors of paint with the hands and watch how a new color is created.
Have Fun in the Sandbox – Add various materials, such as a rain gutter, for endless outdoor summer fun.
Stamp Circles with Paper Tubes – This activity is super simple, yet so much fun! All you need is a recycled paper tube and some paint.
More fun summer activities for toddlers:
Patriotic Discovery Bottles – Add some red, white, and blue to a water bottle for the 4th of July.
Frozen Sparkly Paint – Whip up your own sparkly watercolor paint, stick it in the freezer, and you have a fun activity on a summer afternoon.
Plant Seeds – Kids love to help in the garden!
Paint Outdoors – Take your painting materials outside and enjoy the nice summer weather.
- Paint Big – Take a big sheet of paper outdoors for some fun big painting. (Learn with Play at Home)
- Simple Water Play with Balls – Add some small balls with water in a wading pool for some cool summer fun. (Learn, Play, Imagine)
- Soapy Sea Foam SensoryPlay – Have fun with sea creatures in foamy water. (Twodaloo)
- Pouring Water – Learning how to pour water is perfect outdoors with the inevitable spills and overflows. (Hands On As We Grow)
- Bird Feeders – Use recycled paper tubes to make backyard feeders for our feathered friends. (Growing a Jeweled Rose)
- Build Your Own Sprinkler – Toddlers love to jump in the sprinkler on a hot day, so why not make one yourself out of a plastic bottle? (Housing a Forest)
- Splash Pad – Turn a tarp into a fun slip and slide. (1 Little dude and 3 Little Ladies)
- Make Chocolate Ice Cream – No ice cream maker needed! This refreshing summer snack can be made in a bag. (The Pleasantest Thing)
More activities for toddlers:
Join over 16,000 parents & educators receiving helpful tips, activities and resources!