When it comes to fun activities for kids, there are many who prefer using few ingredients. The less to buy, the better! (Especially since, like most teachers, we are on a tight budget.) Few ingredients also makes it easy when you need to come up with a last-minute activity, or when you are short on time. I came up with a collection of activities that are easy, economical, and lots of fun for little kids!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Fun activities for kids that use only 2-3 ingredients:
1. Paint some faces with 3-ingredient face paint. (Growing a Jeweled Rose)
2. Explore puff paint’s fun texture. (Happy Hooligans)
3. Let toddlers taste yogurt paint while creating. (Meri Cherry)
4. Add some glitter to homemade scented paint. (FSPDT)
5. Explore shine with homemade confetti paint. (Learn Play Imagine)
6. Let the kids help you make some goop for fun sensory play.
7. Mix colors with soap foam. (Teaching Mama)
8. Make a safe cloud dough recipe that is okay to taste. (Powerful Mothering)
9. Enjoy the fun texture of soap fluff. (The Imagination Tree)
10. Dye your own rice with only 3 ingredients for lots of sensory play. (Paging Fun Mums)
11. Make your own edible, gluten-free play dough. (Kids Activities Blog)
Do you have a simple recipe to share? Let us know in the comments section, or on my Facebook page!
Some of our favorite resource books:
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.