Inside: Add some fall fun to your preschool dramatic play area with these fall dramatic play ideas, from pumpkin patches to apple pie baking!
Dramatic play can be one of the most fun activities to set up in the classroom.
I get so excited incorporating fun details into the area, and watching children’s eyes light up when they see them.
Dramatic play allows children to act out roles that they see in their daily lives, such as cashiers and parents. As they put themselves in the shoes of these familiar figures, they begin to learn empathy.
Because of my love for dramatic play, I gathered a list of 10 dramatic play ideas for the fall to provide you with some inspiration.
10 Fall Dramatic Play Ideas for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Apple Stand – Provide lots of pretend apples with baskets and a cash register for a pretend apple stand.
- Felt Apple Pie Making – Use pieces of fabric to simulate the crust and filling of an apple pie, adding in plastic rolling pins and pie tins. (Still Playing School)
- Pumpkin Patch – Add a plethora of mini pumpkins, along with stations for pretend hot chocolate and apple cider. (Dream Big Little One)
- Apple Orchard – Velcro pretend apples onto cardboard trees on the wall for preschoolers to pick and place into their baskets. (Laura’s Lily Pad)
- Thanksgiving Dinner – Set up a table with pretend food and decorations to resemble a Thanksgiving dinner table. (Toddler Approved)
- Raking Leaves – Provide a toy rake and felt fall leaves for pretend autumn raking. (Happy Brown House)
- Market Stand – Create a stand featuring fall goods such as cider, apples, pie, and more for toddlers to sell. (Dream Big Little One)
- Fall Crops Farm – Fill a flat container with cloths to resemble rows of dirt for preschoolers to harvest fall crops. (Planning Playtime)
- Hayride – Recycle large cardboard boxes to turn into a tractor pulling a wagon for a hayride. (Laura’s Lily Pad)
- Fall Coffee Station – Set up a coffee stand featuring fall elements, such as ‘pumpkin flavoring’ and ‘apple flavoring’. (Pocket of Preschool)
More fall activities:
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.