Inside: 22 fun Christmas sensory play activities that toddlers and preschoolers will love!
While my co-teacher and I were planning our December curriculum, I was thinking about how we could add some sensory in more areas than just the sensory bin. You caught a glimpse of this when I shared my collection of 5 senses activities.
22 Fun Christmas Sensory Play Activities
- Use your sense of hearing while making fun jingle bell instruments.
- Add silver and gold watercolors instead of food coloring to make festive silver and gold play dough. (Craftulate)
- Involve your sense of touch and hearing by painting with jingle bells.
- Experience different textures while creating paper mache Christmas ornaments for the tree. (Buggy and Buddy)
- Use painters tape to make a sticky sensory tree. (How Wee Learn)
- Dye rice red and green and add some peppermint extract to make a fun Christmas sensory bin. (Stir the Wonder)
- The hands will love the feeling of Santa slime! (Growing a Jeweled Rose)
- The room will smell so yummy when you make a batch of gingerbread play dough.
- Strengthen fine motor skills with this peppermint writing activity. (Kids Play Box)
- The room will sound like Christmas after making jingle bell noise makers. (Meri Cherry)
- Involve the nose by making Christmas sensory cards. (A Little Learning for Two)
- If you have bubble wrap available, make some sensory trees. (Mummy Musings and Mayhem)
- Gold food coloring and glitter make a sensory delight for the hands and eyes. (The Imagination Tree)
- Learn with Play at Home has a shivery snow sensory bin that truly is cold!
- Read the book “The Sweet Snow of Christmas” and fill a tray of items that smell like Christmas. (Teach Preschool)
- Delight your sense of touch by making a foam geoboard tree. (Fun-a-Day)
- Create a Christmas sensory book for younger children. (Baby Centre)
- Add some science to your sensory play with a melting Christmas tree baking soda activity. (Little Bins for Little Hands)
- Make some Santa binoculars so you can enjoy the sights of Christmas! (Meri Cherry)
- Put together jingle boxes for some fun Christmas listening games. (Nurturestore)
- Explore peppermint scented paint with your fingers. (Growing Hands-On Kids)
Ready for some more Christmas Play ideas?
I’m so excited to be selling these darling kindness elves!