Inside: There are so many awesome preschool Christmas painting activities that can be done in the classroom or at home. Here are 21 favorites to try!
While planning our Christmas painting activities, I stumbled upon so many fun ideas!
With all the super crafty ideas out there, I was pleased to find a selection of painting ideas that allowed the preschoolers to put their own personalities into their work.
Just like my collection of handmade ornaments, I wanted to make sure that the children could put their own touches on their painting.
I also included some of our own ideas that we’ve loved for many years.
21 Preschool Christmas Painting Activities that are Super Fun
- Paint wreaths using watercolors.
- Brush paint onto paper mâché ornaments and add glitter.
- Paint a paper candy cane using jingle bells (free printable).
- Add paint to the top of Christmas tree shaped ice!
- Paint with jingle bells.
- Make your own large Christmas stamps for big art fun.
- Have fun making spin art Christmas trees.
- Combine tape resist and salt paint to make a fun Christmas tree craft. (Meri Cherry)
- Mix shaving cream and paint to make candy cane peppermints. (Still Playing School)
- Build and paint a 3-dimensional cardboard Christmas tree. (Kitchen Floor Crafts)
- Create marbled Christmas trees. (Buggy and Buddy)
- Use blocks to stamp a Christmas tree. (FSPDT)
- Toddlers will love painting Christmas trees with pom poms. (Fantastic Fun and Learning)
- Put ornaments on a paper tree by stamping paint. (I Heart Crafty Things)
- Use a fork to paint a Christmas tree. (No Time for Flashcards)
- Cut ornament shapes out of potatoes for some fun Christmas art. (Crafty Morning)
- Enjoy the squeezing process with candy cane puffy paint. (Learn Play Imagine)
- Make some peppermint scented paint and let the fingers have fun. (Golden Reflections Blog)
- Strengthen fine motor development by making Q-tip painted Christmas trees. (Gift of Curiosity)
- Make homemade gift wrap using scented paint. (Nurture Store)
- Paint egg carton cups to make a Christmas tree. (Sugar Aunts)
Oh wait. You want more Christmas ideas? Here you go!
Some of our favorite Christmas songs:
More Christmas ideas for young children:
Preschool Christmas Themed Classroom Lesson Plans
Explore the symbols and traditions of Christmas and incorporate reading, math, science and more in this 169-page preschool secular Christmas lesson plan set.
- Recommended Book List
- 1-Page Weekly Lesson Plan Grid with Activity Ideas for Whole Group, Literacy, Math, and Science each day
- Alternate Weekly Grids for 4-day, 3-day, and 2-day programs
- 5 Daily Lesson Plan Sheets with Activity Directions and Materials List
- 2-Page Center Descriptions
- Related Printables
Click here for more information: Preschool Christmas Lesson Plans
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.