Inside: Looking for fun preschool Valentine’s activities? Each of these are hands-on and build skills. Comes with free printables, too!
As soon as a holiday comes around, we teachers are looking for crafts.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I do engage my preschoolers in crafts from time to time.
But that’s not what I want my focus to be.
As I plan activities, I am always mindful of what skills are being developed.
Because yes, there are so many different learning opportunities in every activity we do.
That’s exactly what you will find in this collection of preschool Valentine’s activities!
17 Skill Building Preschool Valentine’s Activities
- Learn the letters in your name with this heart-shaped name puzzle. (How Wee Learn)
- Download a free printable for a fun heart color recognition activity.
- Explore what happens when you play with frozen hearts in the sensory bin.
- Add some science to your valentine activities as you explore with conversation hearts. (Coffee Cups and Crayons)
- Play a heart matching game with upper and lowercase letters. (Hands On As We Grow)
- Freeze water into ice shapes to make heart art prints.
- Strengthen number skills with this collection of Montessori-inspired valentines math trays. (Living Montessori Now)
- Estimate and measure candy hearts. (Free printable from Buggy and Buddy)
- Build shape recognition skills while playing valentines mailbox math. (Pre-Kinders)
- Learn about the letter H with this H is for Heart alphabet craft. (I Can Teach My Child)
- Make your own valentines memory game to practice letter recognition. (No Time for Flashcards)
- Frozen vinegar hearts make a fun valentines science activity. (Inspiration Laboratories)
- Pair up the pictures that rhyme with this heart rhyming word activity. (School Time Snippets)
- Learn about giving and receiving with this felt valentine post office play set. (Imagine Our Life)
- Enjoy this fun collection of Valentine learning activities from Pre-Kinders.
- Practice putting the letters of your name in order with this idea using Post-It notes. (Here Come the Girls)
- Sort conversation hearts by color using a free printable. (Teaching Tiny Tots)
Click on the photo to get the download:
More Valentine’s fun:
And for our younger crowd: 15 of the Best Toddler Valentine’s Activities
Valentine’s Day Theme Preschool Lesson Plans
Learn about love and kindness with your preschoolers in this engaging Valentine’s Day theme lesson plan set with ideas for reading, math, science & more.
This lesson plan set also includes:
1) Chocolate Taste Test (in color and b/w)
2) Heart Counting Mats 1-20
3) “I Love” Emergent Reader (2 versions)
4) Valentine Upper and Lowercase ABC Match (in color and b/w)
5) Valentine’s Day Dice Game (in color and b/w)
6) Valentine’s Day Letter Puzzles (in color and b/w)
7) 0-35 Valentine’s Day Number Cards (in color and b/w)
8) Valentine Roll and Graph Math Game (in color and b/w)
9) Printable Valentine Writing Papers
CLICK HERE for more information!
FREE CIRCLE TIME PLANNER!
Get your FREE circle time planner as a gift when you subscribe to my free weekly newsletters.