Every January we have a preschool teddy bear day. The preschoolers bring their stuffed teddy bears to school, we have our bear cave, and make hot cocoa. Prior to this event, we’ve read books and have talked about hibernation. When our teddy bears come into the classroom, we tuck them into their caves while we enjoy bear songs and hot cocoa. It all ties in well with our winter theme.
Teddy Bear Day in preschool
We make sure that hot cocoa is involved. We know it’s cold outside and that hot cocoa will warm us up! We count out 5 marshmallows to add to the cocoa.
Tie this in with a song
What other bear day activities are out there?
- Make a bear out of paper, stuff him, and put him in his bed for the winter!
- Make a cave! (Now THIS would rock as a bear’s den!)
- Sing the Teddy Bear Picnic Song!
- Sort paper bears by size.
- Make a teddy bear snack.
- Put together bear graham crackers.
- Make a bear out of a paper plate.
- Make binoculars and a map for a bear hunt.
- Play a bear cave counting game.
- Use your foot to make a bear.