43 Flares 43 Flares ×
Our first day of preschool is on September 10th. While it’s over a month away, I know how quickly that time will go. Organization is important, especially right now while putting together rosters, parent packets, schedules, etc.
One thing I could never go without is my 1 1/2″ back-to-school binder.
Inside it, I have page dividers for the following:
- 2′s Roster
- 3′s Roster
- Morning Schedule
- Year Calendar
- Special Events
- Curriculum Outline (You can find that here.)
- Welcome Letter (to be mailed)
- Supply List (to be mailed)
- Separation Anxiety Information (to be mailed.)
- Questionnaire (to be given out at parent night)
- Parent Tidbits (to be given out at parent night)
- Photo Permission Slip (to be given out at parent night)
- Staff/Board Meeting Notes
- Open House/Parent Night Information (what I’ll need to cover)
- Scholastic Book Order Information
- Sign In Sheets
This is pretty much everything I’ll need to work on before school starts.
However, I keep this binder and use it all year, adding as we go along.
It’s pretty bulky by the time the end of May comes around!
I love having everything at my fingertips, especially as I work on the classroom next month and attend staff meetings.
I use page protectors for many of the categories so that I can place several sheets inside. (For example, I have one sleeve for each month of teacher/board meetings and everything from that one month slips into that one sleeve.)
As I’m planning for back-to-school, each section reminds me of what I need to mail, what needs to be updated, copied, purchased, etc.
That’s it! My handy-dandy back-to-school notebook!