Toddlers love to be busy, don’t they? Well, you will love these 20 fun and easy toddler activities for home! These can be done independently, or during a play date. You might want to leave them out for awhile, because toddlers have short attention spans and often want to return to the activity several times. If your toddler isn’t interested, no worries! Save it until he or she is a little older.
Make sure to check out my amazing collection of toddler activities on Pinterest, too!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
20 Fun and Easy Toddler Activities for Home
- Grab your cookie cutters, add a small tray of paint, and invite your toddler to stamp onto paper.
- Introduce your toddler’s name with an easy tape-resist name art activity. (Learn with Play at Home)
- Toddlers love to pour! Create a pouring station that is especially fun outdoors. (Busy Toddler)
- The refrigerator makes a great magnetic board. Make your own pom pom magnets that can be stuck on the fridge, and removed, and stuck on again … and again … and again! (Powerful Mothering)
- If you have a toddler who doesn’t like to get paint on the hands, try this no-touch art activity.
- You can whip up some flour paint with ingredients you probably already have from your kitchen. (Simple Fun for Kids)
- Put sticky paper on your window and add tissue paper pieces. This is a favorite of ours! (Mess for Less)
- Find someone who sews and ask for their empty thread spools. Stamping with spools is so much fun for toddlers!
- Fill a water tub with warm soapy water. Our toddlers loved it when we filled our table with rubber ducks!
- Another tub idea is to clean rocks with shaving cream and warm water. (Learn with Play at Home)
- Young toddlers would love playing with a tugging box. A great way to use that empty box sitting in your garage. (Laughing Kids Learn)
- Draw colored shapes on large pieces of paper taped to the floor. Play a simple shape game to build shape recognition. (Toddler Approved)
- Toddlers love to be helpful in the kitchen. You can add some simple counting while making vegetable soup.
- If you have some bubble wrap leftover from a package, you can make a bubble wrap runway. Toddlers love to run and jump on this stuff! (Hands On As We Grow)
- If your toddler loves cars, this car parking lot numbers game will be a hit. All you need is a shallow box and some cars, and the fun will begin. (B-Inspired Mama)
- Paint with balls! We used small nubby balls for extra texture, but any small balls will work.
- Thread macaroni to make a necklace. We dyed ours, but you don’t need to.
- Bath time is extra fun when you add homemade finger paints. (FSPTD)
- Grab a paper tube and let your toddler stamp circles on paper. So much fun!
- You know the mesh that oranges come in? Use them for mesh dabber painting. (Picklebums)
What are your favorite toddler activities to do at home?
More ideas for toddlers: