You are concerned your preschoolers won’t know how to write their names before they enter kindergarten. Guess what? Even before they can write their names, they can start recognizing the letters in them. While they are getting their hands and fingers strong enough to hold a writing tool, they can become familiar with those letters through hands-on play. So, I’ve put together 12 easy name activities for preschoolers.
And when I say easy, we are talking about stamping in playdough, writing the letters on the bottoms of cups, putting together name puzzles, and more fun ideas.
The more name recognition opportunities your preschoolers have, the easier it will be for them when they are ready to hold writing tools.
It’s all about providing fun opportunities. Take a look at this collection and let me know if you have tried some!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
12 Easy Name Activities for Preschoolers
- Write your name in a rainbow with this salt tray.
2. Turn a name into a puzzle.
3. Play the Name Game!
4. Spell your name with glue, salt and watercolors.
5. Hang the letters of your name on a clothesline.
6. Play the Spell Your Name Game.
7. Make a colorful mosaic name.
8. Get moving while playing name ring toss.
8. Play a name activity using cars.
9. Make a “My Name Book”.
11. Put your name on a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree.
12. Stamp your name in play dough.
Are you following my collection of literacy activities on Pinterest?
More ideas you might like:
Available in our store:
Preschool Alphabet Packet: This 245 page packet includes printables for all 26 letters of the alphabet.
For only $6.00 you can buy it now.